So I have reviewed my progress for 2012, the first thing I have failed at is setting valuable goals. The biggest thing I took away from 2011 was focus, so it made made sense to me to set goals to focus on, however the taking away from 2012 would have to be value. Value is a difficult thing to set your head around at first, but I have found reading up on lean production and lean software development to help a lot.
Breaking this down
As any software engineer knows taking a big task and breaking it down is key to accomplishing easily digestible jobs.
- Finish off immediate implementation
- Finish off a few applications with the framework myself
- Tweak and adjust implementation to suit my needs
- Refine documentation
- Create a public website
- Get v0.1 released publicly
- Build example applications
- Promote the framework
- Increase uptake while taking on user feedback
- Build and sell traction and value
This seems like a lot of work, and I hope there is a lot of room for learning in this process, I also think I'll be much better equipped this time next year to review this goal and write a much better wrap up of what I have learned in 2013.